Universal Bins and Shelves
Universal, our most versatile and extensive storage offering, expands what storage can do, while working seamlessly with a broad range of freestanding and panel systems.
ITC (In The Case) Door – available flat-front steel, wood, or picture frame with glass, markerboard, acrylic, or custom insert
- Door recesses into the case when opened, providing added storage space on top of the bin.
- Internal scissor mechanism ensures jam-free operation.
- Integral finger pull on the bottom edge (flat front steel door only) keeps the front of door aesthetically clean.
OTC (Over The Case) Door – available flat or radius steel front, or picture frame with glass, markerboard, acrylic, or custom insert
- Open door rests above the case to provide for more storage space inside and to prevent clutter within the office landscape.
- Ball bearing slide mechanism provides a smooth door operation.
- Integral finger pull on the bottom edge (flat front steel door only) keeps the front of door aesthetically clean. ·
CF (Curved Front Bin) Door – available painted or wood
- Open door rises above the case
- Standard with an easy open easy close mechanism which requires minimal user force to open or close door.
Sliding Door – available steel or wood
- Two compartments with a single sliding door
- Door glides smoothly from one side of the case to the other.
- Independent, on-module panel attachment brackets allow bins to attach to any Steelcase panel by changing the bracket.
- Universal bins can be panel-mounted, wall-mounted or desktop-mounted as hutches (aka, service modules).
- Safety catches lock bin and shelves safely to the panel, preventing accidental dislodgement.
- Off-module bin brackets available for any Steelcase panel system.
- Bins can be up-mounted to increase privacy without increasing panel heights for any Steelcase panel system.
- Hutch kits (aka, service module kits) are available to allow mounting bins above a desktop, which includes an accessory rail for dividers and Details worktools.
- Optional assist mechanism consists of a pneumatic which slowly closes the bin door preventing accidental slamming and a spring which assists the user in pulling the door to a fully open, recessed position.
- Depth: 15-3/4″
- Width: 24″, 30″, 36″, 42″, 48″, 60″, 66″, 72″
- Height: 16-1/4″
- Flat, radius or curved fronts (sliding door flat only)
- In the case (ITC), over the case (OTC) sliding door
- Independent attachment brackets
- Easy open/close door (CF only)
- Acrylic, markerboard or glass fronts (OTC and ITC only)
- Upmount or off-module attachment
- Assist (OTC and ITC only)
- Four dividers: white plastic
- Depth: 15-3/4″
- Width: 24″, 30″, 36″, 42″, 48″, 60″, 72″
- Height: 7-1/2″
- Provide a piling surface for people who like to see their work in process and stage their work.
- Personal Shelf gives users additional working surface without the cost and space requirements of a laminate worksurface.
- Slim Shelves allow workers to display icons of their work or to personalize their work area.
- L-Shelf and Stationary Shelf are the partners to Universal Curved Front bins – providing alignment and a design-oriented option.
Warranty and testing
- Lifetime warranty that product is free from defects in materials and workmanship.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA requirements.
- Universal Bins and Horizontal Wall Mount Bracket are California OSHPD building code and healthcare regulation pre-approved: OPA-1660
- level™ 1 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard (the level ™ 1 certification excludes wood or laminate fronts). According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality, excluding wood options. (Exclusions are SCS Indoor Advantage™ certified.) The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).
- Constructed free of environmentally hazardous processes such as those that produce VOCs and deplete ozone
Click here for additional information and resources.