Siento is a high performance executive task chair.
Benefits & features
- Created in partnership with architect and product designer Jorge Pensi
- LiveBack® technology flexes with you as you move and recline in the chair, for full support
- Adjustable back tension control lets you set the amount of resistance as you recline
- Flexible seat edge, relieves pressure on the back of the legs as you recline or lean forward
- Upright back lock
For more info on ergonomics and the healthy office, go to the Ergonomics section of our site.
Designed in Collaboration with Jorge Pensi
The Steelcase team worked in collaboration with Spanish designer Jorge Pensi to merge ergonomic technology with a slim, elegant design for high-end environments.
Pensi says of the Siento chair, “We knew from the beginning that we had a flexible and special back. Our design was conceived with this technology. When you look at the chair, it looks like a simple chair but there’s a lot of technology inside that makes it remarkable
Because Siento is designed for high-end work environments, it has no exposed hard parts that could damage nearby wood furniture.
- High-back and Mid-back available
- T-arms and enclosed arms
- Optional headrest cushion
- Base and arms available in polished aluminum, platinum, and black
- Available in a wide variety of Steelcase upholstery, chromium-free leather, and Customer’s Own Material
The Siento chair was designed to be an environmentally responsible product.
- Made of up to 28% recycled content and 91% recyclable.
- PVC-free and chrome-free
- Standard leather is chromium-free, which eliminates a heavy metal from the tanning process. The leather is safer to re-use or dispose of at the end of the product’s useful life.
- McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) assessed the materials in Siento for safety to human and environmental health and awarded it Cradle to Cradle certification.
- The University of Michigan conducted a Life Cycle Assessment of Siento to understand and measure its environmental impact throughout every stage of its life cycle.
- The Siento chair is levelTM 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- The Siento chair is SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).