Post and Beam Overview
Post and Beam is an architectural framework that allows you to configure a range of work environments.
The flexible design of Post and Beam allows for a breadth of work settings within a given space, all of which have the same cohesive architectural look.
Planning flexibility that respects the needs of the individual.
- Use alone, or in conjunction with Duo Storage to define personal workspaces that provide both stylish storage, and seated visual privacy between coworkers.
- Post and Beam attaches at fence height to Answer, Avenir, Kick, Montage, Series 9000 and Technology Wall.
- Design options are virtually limitless with shelves, screens, and a host of other worktools that attach anywhere along the structure.
- Tether brackets support worksurfaces, providing a lower cost alternative to freestanding furniture
Define open spaces for teaming, collaboration, and everything else in-between.
- Post and Beam’s anodized aluminum construction provides clean, contemporary lines with a tight fit and finish.
- Beams route utilities overhead without impeding the free-flowing space below.
- Use in conjunction with Duo Tall Storage to create a library-like configuration. In-fills, screens, and curtains help to define space while also providing an inspirational alternative to panel-based solutions.
- Connects overhead to Privacy Wall.
- Post and Beam’s modular power system easily works with, and connects to, a range of other Steelcase products. The outcome is an integrated technology support system that will readily handle your current, as well as future, technology requirements.
- Power, data, and cable management components can be easily added or subtracted creating access points only where you need them.
- Power and communication cables can be routed along beams at seated-height, standing-height, or overhead.
- Wireless access points can be positioned on top of posts for maximum signal coverage.
- Technology hubs feature nine power outlets and can accommodate up to twelve communication ports.
- Powerstrips feature three power outlets and up to two communication ports.
- Supports 90-degree and 120-degree planning.
- Plans at three heights: seated, standing, and overhead.
- Works with Privacy Wall, Modular Power, Zone Cabling, Universal Worksurfaces, Answer, Kick, Series 9000, Avenir, Montage, and Duo.
- Composed of approximately 60% recycled aluminum
- 100% moveable and reusable
- PVC free
- level™ 1 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard.
- Indoor Air Advantage™ Gold certification for indoor air quality.
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle Silver certification.